The Guest Services Receptionist is the first point-of-contact for our callers and visitors, including clients, potential clients, vendors, and more. This role provides outstanding customer service, manages reservations, maintains vaccination records, retail inventory, assists with special events and handles other administrative duties.
We are looking for candidates who are passionate about dogs and equally passionate about providing an excellent customer experience. The ideal candidate is exceptionally friendly, exhibits effective communication, highly dependable, and has a willingness to learn. Preference will be given to candidates who have previous experience working in the dog industry and are comfortable with all dog breeds.
- Develop and maintain excellent client relationships (with humans and dogs).
- Professionally respond to a high volume of phone calls and emails or route as appropriate.
- Ensure that each client’s overall expectations are not only met, but exceeded.
- Perform accurate data entry in our software programs, including reservations, retail sales, call log information, and more.
- Verify that fully executed client agreements are on file prior to scheduled reservations.
- Ensure that up-to-date vaccination records are on file for each canine guest.
- Assisting with the drop off and pick up of our canine guests.
- Maintain a sparkling lobby, which includes ongoing mopping, sanitizing, sweeping, vacuuming, picking up dog waste, emptying trash, cleaning glass, cleaning restrooms, in both interior and exterior lobby areas.
- Provide assistance to other departments as needed.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- High school graduate or GED preferred
- Previous experience working in the dog industry preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Comfortable around all types of dogs
- Previous work or other experience demonstrating dependability
- Ability to follow instructions and learn new things
- Self-motivated and independent worker
- Ability to work in a team environment