Our luxury lodging is the perfect mix of comfort, class, and continued education. The Activities Counselor is responsible for creating a fun and engaging experience for dogs lodging at Peace Love Dogs by fulfilling all scheduled activities. What makes our training resort unique is that we are a training facility first, so every team member is expected to maintain the training skills for all of our guests.
We are looking for candidates who are passionate about dogs. The ideal candidate is energetic, enthusiastic, highly dependable, and self motivated. Preference will be given to candidates who have previous experience working in the dog industry and are comfortable with all dog breeds.
- Coordinate with the Lodging Team to complete all assigned activities for the lodging guests.
- Execute meaningful refresher training sessions by selecting from the five approved training sessions twice a day.
- Organize safe group play sessions as well as perform individual play sessions for each lodging guest twice a day.
- Carry out engaging cuddle times with lodging guests daily.
- Complete assigned cleaning duties, including spraying the yards at the end of each day, washing toys and water bowls, and weekly yard maintenance.
- Identify any medical, behavior, or safety concerns and alert the manager on duty immediately.
- Provide friendly interactions with clients and dogs, ensuring a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Run the assigned reports using the operating software.
- Provide assistance to other departments as needed.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- High school graduate or GED preferred
- Previous experience working in the dog industry preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Previous work or other experience demonstrating dependability
- Comfortable around all types of dogs
- Self-motivated and independent worker
- Ability to work in a team environment