Prep School is our day training program that we offer in 4 and 6-Week Packages. Our professional dog trainers use positive training methods to build a solid obedience foundation. Boarding School is our board and train program that we offer in 5-, 10-, 20-, and 30-Day Packages. Using a mix of training, play and rest, we designed each program to prepare both pet and parent with a long-lasting educational foundation.
We are looking for dog-loving candidates who are experienced in dog training and who will go above and beyond to provide excellent client communication. The Professional Dog Trainer will be responsible for providing training sessions for dogs enrolled in our Prep School and/or Boarding School Programs. The ideal candidate has professional dog training experience. Preference will be given to candidates with CPDT-KA, CPDT-KSA, CDBC, KPA, or equivalent certifications.
- Build a solid obedience foundation for assigned dogs in our Prep School and/or Boarding School Programs, using positive training methods. Skills taught can include loose leash walking, polite greetings, potty training, crate training, socialization, etc.
- Follow program guides to ensure success for every dog, and communicate about challenging dogs with the Training Manager.
- Communicate training progress with dog parents by creating digital report cards on a daily basis.
- Perform private training lessons with dog parents to ensure success at home.
- Collaborate with the other trainers supporting our team environment.
- Clean up potty accidents on the floor or crate as well as other cleaning responsibilities as assigned.
- Provide assistance to other departments as needed.
QUALIFICTION and SKILLS
- CPDT-KA, CPDT-KSA, CDBC, KPA, or equivalent certifications preferred
- Previous experience as a professional dog trainer teaching group classes, private lessons, or board and train programs required
- Strong organizational skills and attention to details
- Excellent client interaction skills
- Reliable with a great work ethic
- Demonstrate patience working with young or difficult dogs