We’re dog people.
We’re also people people.
That means we take the time to not only teach our PLD pups, but also their parents — and one another.
Because no matter how much we know, we always look forward to learning more. With the help of each dog’s family, we support loving, lifelong relationships — those based not solely on the strength of a single course, but on the collective commitment to repetition and reward.
Interested in joining our pack?
Reach out. We’d love to talk.
Peace Love Dogs has been one of the top training resorts in Houston for more than 11 years. We are dog people and our Professional Dog Trainers take pride in building better relationships between pets and their parents. Everything we do is rooted in positivity – and backed by research. We are invested in each dog’s enrichment and committed to their learning process,
We are looking for team players who are enthusiastic about an integrated approach to training dogs, as well as continuing their own ongoing education. This role is a for a Professional Dog Trainer to conduct private training lessons at our facility or occasionally, within the client home.
- Evaluate client dogs who are seeking private lessons as their dog’s learning platform
- Develop training plans for each dog’s specific skills and behavioral needs and/or client objectives
- Perform private training lessons, both at our facility and occasionally, in client’s home
- Provide assistance with dogs in other Peace Love Dogs training programs
QUALIFICATION and SKILLS
- CPDT-KA, CPDT-KSA, CDBC, KPA, or equivalent certifications preferred
- Previous experience as a professional dog trainer teaching group classes, private lessons, or board and train programs
- Ability to demonstrate basic-to-advanced obedience skills, as well as behavior modification, using LIMA methods
- Ability to read and understand dog body language and train as appropriate
- Demonstrate patience working with young or difficult dogs
- Understanding that each dog may require different training approaches, enrichment exercises and socialization opportunities to achieve optimal success
- Excellent client interaction/communication abilities
- Reliable with a great work ethic
- Strong organizational skills and attention to details
Job Type: Full-time
Benefits: Subsidized health insurance, dental and vision benefits available, paid time off and holidays, certification and professional development reimbursement and more!
Pay: Very competitive; commensurate to experience and qualificationsApply